This past week over on Kelly's Korner she asked that we share our Thanksgiving traditions and recipes. Although I missed the official posting (meaning my post is not on the mcklinky list). I am still gonna participate here on my own. As for traditions we don't have one. I'm not too upset and it's not like we don't have a good Thanksgiving every year it's just different every year, literally. Although I am an only child we are very close to my extended family on both my mother and fathers sides of the family. And as for Big Daddy's family, his parents are divorced and that gives us more families to visit and celebrate with. We really have too many to visit with all in one day. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about having family or even visiting them all, I'm just saying we cannot see them all on one day. Oh and I forgot to mention most of mine live out of state with the closest being over in Georgia and the others spread out from Maryland to Florida.
Thanksgiving is the only Holiday that I always feel so rushed on. Probably from traveling long distances to celebrate and knowing that not too much later we will have to pack up and return home. Because both mine and Big Daddy's family are a blend of North meets South we have enjoyed both stuffing and dressing with the latter being our favorite. Sorry you guys, the South rules! Also my Daddy's side of the family is Greek and you know what that means: Delicious Food!!!
As for my favorite Thanksgiving holiday recipe it's my own version of Green Bean Casserole. Trust me, try it my way and you will likely never go back to your own version again. Here it is:
3- 14.5 oz french style canned green beans rinsed and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of half & half
1 large can of French's french fried onions
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
Mix all ingredients together but reserve 1/2 of the can of the French's french fried onions to sprinkle on top during the last 10 minutes of baking. Spray the pan with cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes @ 350* top with reserved onions, reduce heat to 250* and bake 10 final minutes. Serve hot. ~ Delicious almost like a gourmet version.
Even though they call me the Kake Lady and it's true I can bake some wonderful treats, sweets just aren't my thing so for Holidays I let my boys choose. Here is a favorite they really like; Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie.
1- 8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Jif reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together using an electric mixer until smooth.
fold in the following ingredients using a spatula
1- 8oz cool whip, thawed
1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips
- pour into store bought oreo pie crust. Pile it high! and freeze it.
set it out about 30 minutes before serving ~ YUMMY
P.S. ~ Don't say I never share any of my recipes. And see Al, I can share even though I am an only child.
I hope y'all enjoy these recipes as much as me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment