Here are just a few of the highlights from our trip to New Orleans for the Sugar bowl. We had a really good time in New Orleans even though the Tide didn't win. We sure did eat well. I really want to go back to New Orleans again soon, mostly for the wonderful food- oysters- out of this world! Which is why in the pictures you see my man Bradley- the oyster bar boss at Royal House. I love this man! I also included a picture of the Crimson tide walking out in New Orleans near the Riverwalk on the morning of the game. I was able to get up close for the shots. The last two pics are taken from our seats in the superdome. We had excellent seats and we could see everything- the good and the bad! All in all we had a blast and can't wait to Roll with the Tide again this year!!!

Here is a close up taken of Big Daddy and I during the SEC championship hockey tournament back in late February. This is our newest passion within the Crimson Tide sports. I really enjoy the games and Tater has caught a few pucks too. Another cool thing is after many of the games the players will come out and talk with the fans and sign autographs for the kids. It makes for a great evening of fun!
For spring break this year we stayed close to BHM. We started the weekend off in T-town at a baseball game against the Georgia Bulldogs. We were accompanied by our friends the O's. Their middle son was a student of mine this year and their oldest son and Tater have become good friends and don't let me leave out their beautiful daughter and my future student next year! We all had a blast and even thought the Tide took Georgia down for their first lost the day before, we watch the Dawgs pull out a tight win on Sunday. -We had a very good time!
Later that week we traveled to ATL with RaRa, Mr. B and the kiddos to tour the aquarium and the Coke-Cola Museum. If you have never been to the Coke Museum, we think you should check it out. It's very interesting and the coolest part: You get to sample sodas from around the World made by the Coke-Cola Manufacturing Co. You can have unlimited samples of them all so come thirsty and be a dare-devil, oh go ahead try the Beverly from Italy! My only disappointment was that they don't sale any of the flavors in the gift shop for purchase? I really liked the soda called Stoney from South Africa! Let me say the Beluga whales are especially neat and I liked the hands on anemone display at the Ga. aquarium but overall I was not impressed by it.While in Atlanta we tried a few eateries I had seen on TV. The first from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives called the Marietta Diner. Let me just quote one of the Greeks who own it, " I'm driving the bus to flavortown". It's true! I have been back since but let me warn you bring your biggest appetite and a few friends because the portions are HUGE! The other spots we ate at were the Atlanta/Athens landmark the Varsity, best Hot-Dawgs anywhere!- get it!! And the other a pizza joint in Kennasaw called Big Pie In The Sky. Check out the size of just one piece of Pizza- it's Mega and a helluva deal at $5.00 with a drink at lunch. There is a funny story to this place. I got the names of the pizza joints confused from the shows I have watched. This one wasn't where I planned on eating but I wasn't disappointed with the outcome. This joint aired on Man vs Food and the one I was looking for, well, I can't remember the show nor it's name; it was a pizza place in a sphere shaped building located north of Atlanta. If you know what I'm talking about let me know. I'd still like to check it out sometime.
In April we celebrated Easter and Big Daddy's Birthday - on the same day this year! We went out to eat with a few adult friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant and on Easter we went to our church and to Chef Bob's for a mid afternoon meal. It was traditional southern cuisine and the best part, we didn't have to wash dishes or clean up! Later that month we went to the local comedy club to see James Gregory, again I know, but I just can't get enough of him. I find him to be hysterical! Our oldest godson turned 13, a real teenager and 2 of our nephews also celebrated birthday's.
I know I didn't cover everything and I probably left out somethings or someone. Please don't get your feelings hurt. I will try to do better with what we will be doing this summer. And now that I have one year of teaching under my belt maybe next year won't be as crazy busy for me. I have made myself a pattern and subject portfolio and I have really tried to organize so that next year will run smoothly.Tomorrow we will be leaving for a week long beach trip!!! And on the 23rd I will be having surgery for complications leftover from the nearly 10 years ago delivery of Tater. A small price to pay for something GREAT!!!- I wouldn't want life without HIM!!! Over the years he has brought so much joy into this family. His humor is one of a kind. As I was looking up pictures for this post I came across this set of him when he was much younger. They are from Pop's camera. On one of our many trips to the Alabama Gulf Coast. It looks like Tater pulled Pop's camera out while in the car riding down the road. Until we uploaded no one knew Tater had taken these-
FUNNY - huh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment