Monday, February 28, 2011

A Look Back...And Looking Ahead

I just never could find the time to post these great pics from our trip back in the fall.  I LOVE, Love, love WDW in the fall!!! This was our second trip in September and it was GREAT! The parks are decorated for the upcoming Halloween season as well as Magic Kingdom host MNSSHP aka Mickey's No So Scary Halloween Party, which we attended on its opening night!  

Character pics in Epcot. Both Goofy and Donald were very interactive with Tater. I loved that they were able to adjust to the different age fans. We waited in line about 30 minutes to see all of them but it was so WORTH it!
Here we are on Tater's birthday! I know I have said it before but there really is no better place to celebrate ones birthday no matter your age. PERIOD!  Tater got to drive the boat on the Jungle Cruise and meet Disney Channel actor Doc Shaw. You'll notice his hair; you too can have yours done at the Barber Shop on Main Street USA.  Believe it or not the Mickey icecream bar I am eating was my very first one ever! They are as yummy as everyone says. Check out our T-shirts that my friend Cassi makes us!!! We LOVE wearing them and so many people ask us about them each visit. It is tradition that we3hines get a new set for every trip! Now about MNSSHP: It is fantastic! The parade is a must and the fireworks and castle lights are just eery enough to set the mood for the perfect Halloween setting. Nearly all the rides are up and running and so many characters are out and about. There is trick-or-treating for everyone. And the Haunted Mansion well for me it was the "piece de la resistance"!!! 
Eery Lights on the Castle set the Halloween mood... SPOOKY!!!

Day 2 in Epcot. Touring the Countries. We stopped for lunch in Italy @ Via Napoli! And let me tell you the pizza was the BEST anyone of us had ever eaten! Pop said it was the closest he has had to what he ate in Italy when he lived there. The restaurant was decorated beautifully and the food was super fresh. The staff was so sweet and they even brought out a special dessert and sang Happy Birthday to Tater and Pop! I dream about the food here...zzzzz  We saw Marie my favorite female kitty in Paris and over in England I ran into Mary Poppins! And Mimi, Pop & Tater took time to pose for a pic in Canada.
One of my favorite stops in Epcot is our country America!!! If you time it right you'll get to catch the Voices of Liberty A real treat! Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain are your host for the American Adventure. Iconic Americans. Great choice Disney for the host. When it was over we took a stroll through the gift shop and on our way out I caught a glimpse of this dry erase board.  Be honest how many can you answer correctly? Truthfully I answered 7 correct.  I will list the answers at the end but give it a shot and see what you can do. 

Lastly I took pictures of our souvenirs!!! We love all things Disney and well I guess it shows. Steve purchase himself a very nice watch/Citizen with Mickey Mouse. We found Tater a cool Mickey T made out of sports balls. I got a Mickey Mouse Harvey's Seatbelt Bag! I drew the Donald Duck picture at Animation Studios and had to purchase a keepsake. I also got a cute necklace, Donald Duck puzzle and a Disney storybook. I purchase a Disney Doggie placemat for Saban and Disney games, puzzles and storybooks for my classroom! Lastly is Tater's collection of VINYLMATION. They are a adorable collection of Disney characters and memories all wrapped up in 3'' Mickey silhouettes. They are also tradable like the pins! We've been collecting for about 2 years now. We are all hooked and addicted!!!


Well now that I've summed up our Fall 2010 visit to WDW, here are a few of the details we've planned for our upcoming Spring 2011 trip:

Tater has a friend going along, drum roll please.... Mr. JP!!!!
We've ordered new Tye-Dye shirts from CASSI!
We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Resort.
We have made dining reservations at the following: O'hana, Jiko's, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Via Napoli just to name a few.
We are also going on the Behind the Seeds Tour in Epcot. I made appointments for the boys at the Barber Shop and we are all going to do the Pirate League!
We have a day planned in all four parks as well as Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest.  Oh and we plan to catch a flick at the movie theater in Downtown Disney so that we can try out the gourmet popcorn bar and freestyle Coke machine.

answers to the USA trivia
1. Washington, DC/ 2. Philidelphia, Pa/ 3. John Adams/ 4. Abraham Lincoln/ 5. John Handcock/
6. Francis Bellamy/ 7. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln/
8. Delaware/ 9. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW 20500/ 10. Sacagawea
I missed # 3, 8 & 9 :(


Well in the words of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too! 

TTFN!!!

No comments: