Sunday, April 3, 2011

BUT...

(taken @ Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival on Spring Break) 

Recap: My ATTEMPT at New Years resolutions

1- Write more on this blog, haha yea right. Well we all know that one I have not keep up with. I had set a goal to post 5 times a month. Looking at it now I have decided that I am going to set my goal to 3 times and hope for the best.

2- Grow out my hair. This one I am DOING!!! And so far so good :) I am happy with the results thus far.

3- Healthy Eating & Exercise. Again I feel like I have been steadily on track with this one.  Before spring break Susan and I were walking about 2-3 times a week after work. And for lent I gave up second portions all together. Big Daddy and I are starting to get Saban back out and walking this week.

4- Balance. Well I feel like I am making a honest attempt at this and though I have seen some improvement I still want to do more. The biggest thing I am trying to stop is running errands on the weekends.  I am trying to do them between the hours of 2-6 M-F.

5- Spiritual Relationship with God. We just wrapped up Pastor Robin's Bible study on the Seven Deadly Sins. It was very good and truthfully an eye opener. I didn't know I was prideful :( I really enjoyed learning the true meanings and effects of Pride, Envy, Anger, Slothfulness, Greed, Lust and Gluttony.  I am working on my daily quite time. I bought a book titled Everyday Blessings by Max Lucado. Though it is a short daily devotion it is SO powerful. I look forward to the lessons. I also bought Tater a book titled, 100 Days of Prayer for Teens. And we are reading it together. He and Mimi are recapping Bible stories using a book titled, Who's Who and Where's Where in the Bible. I am still reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I do hope to finish by Easter as it was my original goal.

BUT 4 out five isn't bad, is it? And well I have 8 more months to redeem, succeed or fail. April so far is looking good and I have 7 new post I am working on. So please stop by again. I have lots to share :)

fyi: Every time one of my students says BUT, I say Butterfly thus the picture above.

No comments: