Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yeah Me!

 
AWARD!!!

Over the weekend I received my first blog award! I never dreamed that I would receive one. That doesn't mean I am not excited. The truth is I was thrilled someone thought of me!  Believe it or not it was from a rival SEC football fan! But hey one thing we all know is that us SEC fans we stick together.  Of Course if you're talking to Big Daddy that doesn't always include Auburn or Tennessee? Sorry y'all.

I would like to thank my friend Suzanne (did I mention she too bakes cakes!) for the Honest Scrap Award. And to show my gratitude... HOTTY TODDY, Sista!  Followed by a ROLL TIDE! #1

There are rules to receiving this award and they are as follows:
*You must thank the giver of the award and post a link to their blog in appreciation for receiving the award.
*Share 10 Honest and informative "bits" about yourself.
* Present this award to a few others who's blogs you find so delightful that you wish to share theirs with others.
*Tell them they have been awarded The Honest Scrap Award and inform them of these steps to receiving this award :)

Okay here they are, random yet totally truthful. Drum Roll Please........

1 - You may already know this but I really want to be the Fairy Godmother at Disney World. I don't plan on pursuing this career move until Tater is out of high school.  But once he is settled into college I will pursue my dream and see where it leads?

2 - I cry at the drop of a hat. Including tears of joy and tears of sorrow. I mean even over really silly stuff. Like take for example the cartoon/movie  Bon Voyage Charlie Brown . Crazy, I know but I cry during almost all movies for some reason or another. And then seriously I cry for others.  Most recently I found myself crying in Atlanta over the homeless under the interstate. This is still bothering me. I also cry in church weekly.  I can't help it. Something about the way the Lord speaks to me just turns on the "water works".

3 - Since becoming a teacher, I have been blessed by God with Patience! This is HUGE considering I never really had any before. Both myself and my family are forever grateful!

4 - Upon my death I would like to be cremated.

5 - I love the sound of cicadas in the trees.

6 - I am not much of a fan for the typical "New Years Resolution" but this year I am truly aiming to "Revive" my personal relationship with God.  I need to be more focused with daily quiet times with God.

7 - I forgot my wedding vows.  To my defense it was 102 degrees outside and my maid of honor was distracting me because she was swaying back and forth and she was in my sight line. Even so Big Daddy and I have been happily married for almost 12 years!

8 - I luv a good deal! This covers everything from materials (clothes, furniture, etc.) to food. I shop in outlets, discount stores and always on the sale racks. I use coupons for groceries and dining out. Check out ALDI for groceries sometime. It's pretty good stuff and a good deal too!

9 - My tubes are tied.  If you walked in my shoes during my pregnancy and later for Tater's terrifying yet miraculous birth you just might have some understanding to why.

10 - I am not a cuddlier and I snore like a freight train. God Bless Big Daddy.  He is a trooper :)

+ a bonus fact  11 - I own and wear only black panties. I also only wear black bras. Well I have one flesh tone  set because of white and light shirts and the possibility that I might one day wear white pants?. I don't own any fun under garments? Boring, I know but Big Daddy loves me :) 

Well how did I do?

Tag You Are NEXT:

***Robin aka "Ra-Ra" click HERE to view her blog
***Melanie over HERE And don't forget to stop by her shop. Great Homemade Gifts! (I got her button on my blog. Click on it and head out shopping!)
***Ashley over Here I was hoping she would answer with 10 Disney facts!

***Hey Suzanne I need your help! I don't know anymore blogger's personally. You think your friend Deanna might accept my Award.

*A word to my recipients, Please pass this award on to 5 friends each. Hopefully you have five blogging friends...I was short :(  


2 comments:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

YEA YEA YEA!

so glad you let out a HOTTY TODDY. and just to be fair - again (since i did it when we were fb chatting) - ROLL TIDE! so glad we have good representation in the sec WEST!

i think deanna would do it - she is such a precious person and friend - ya'll would hit it off fast!

ok, chick - now get to bloggin' again!!!

Melanie said...

O.M.G.....Girl, I am SO not avoiding you :o) THANK YOU for the award!!!!! And yes, I got your email and forgot to reply. :o) My computer crashed and I just got it back up and running this past week. I am going to do my award post tomorrow and I'll write you back! :o) SO sorry!!!