Thursday, January 21, 2010

B A M A FOOTBALL !!! ~ Hines Style



 Taken outside Academy Sports 1/7/10 @ 11:50 pm

So here's the thing: I was waiting to do a National Champions post until I was finished celebrating! "If your a facebook friend then you already know that just minutes after the game my Daddy and I - not Big Daddy, went to our local academy Sports to purchase our official merchandise.  We bought my Daddy, Big Daddy, and my Papa hats and we bought Tater the shirt worn by the players after the game.  When we arrived there were only 50 or so people but within 30 minutes the crowd grew to nearly 500 and still pouring in! One of our dear family friends, her husband and their oldest son arrived on the scene to lead the crowd in cheers!!! It was crazy fun and FREEZING cold.
Then the U of A announced that they were gonna have the celebration of all celebrations honoring the team on Saturday January 16th. I was so excited! I made plans with friends to attend! But then early Friday morning I got a stomach BUG :( Oh I was bad sick! I mean really sick! Did I mention I was sick? Well, it lasted all day Friday and into Saturday :(  I was really sad that I had to miss the "celebration".  My friends went on without me and and they had a BLAST! Breakfast at Rama Jama's! They got to get on the field! They stood on the front row! They shook hands with with players, Reamer #13, Johnson #78, McElroy #12, and so many more! Oh and then they shook Coach Saban's hand!
So instead of going to the "Celebration", Big Daddy and I watched it on TV.
I'm choosing to look on the bright side: There Is Always Next Year! I mean we are #1...

No comments: