Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Black

Okay so if your a Facebook friend then this one's a repeat for ya.

So Friday while teaching my class, I believe we were matching beginning and ending sounds, anyways.
One of my sweet, precious girls interrupts to ask me (and I quote) BTW we'll call her kiddo #1.
kiddo #1: "Miss Doron could you please take a picture of your hands and send it home with me today?"
me: "Why?" "What for?"
kiddo #1: Well because my daddy doesn't believe me that your nails are painted black. He says that only scary goth people do that and that you are not."
me: :Well sweet  ______ my nails are painted black and I'm not goth." (Am I?)
kiddo #1: "That's what I told him.  Miss Doron, I think you are the best teacher ever!"
me: "Thank You sweetheart."
kiddo #2: "And you are hot, Miss Doron!"
me: "Excuse me?" What's is that you just said?"
kiddo #2: Well you are because ever since you painted your nails black you go around fanning more."
me: "Come again."
kiddo #2: "Fanning with papers or waving your hand in your face."
me: " Oh !!! (relief) "I thought you might be trying to hit on me."
kiddo #2: "Oh no ma'am! I am keeping my hands to myself."

I can't remember if we even finished the lesson.  It was really one of the funniest conversations I've had with my students all year.  Boy they are growing up so fast! And I've only got 10 weeks left with them :( I will sure miss them.  Believe it or not I still think back upon my classroom kiddos from last year! Those guys were so ready for K-5 and this years will be too!!!! My little angels are tackling the list of sight words!!! We have begun reading beginner level 1 books!!!!

In my closing thoughts... "I really believe Art Linkletter said it best; "Kids say the darnedest things."

No comments: