Wednesday, March 10, 2010
My Oscar Thoughts
I know, I know I was supposed to use a picture of the gold trophy Oscar but I personally think they are tacky and well I really like Oscar the Grouch and so I posted his picture in it's place.
So I set the TIVO to record the Oscars Sunday night. I skipped over the opening music thing and stopped to see what funny lines were to be delivered by Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. BTW they are really funny together in It's Complicated with Meryl Streep. Which brings me to my thoughts. After watching Alec and Steve's funny lines I fast forwarded until the final 3 awards; Leading Actor, Leading Actress and Director. I had not seen any of the movies that the actors were up for so I really didn't care. But I do like Morgan Freeman so I was somewhat pulling for him. Now the Actresses. This is why I recorded the Oscars. See if you know me then you know that I really enjoy films with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock.
And this year the two Oscar nominee Actresses were in my favorite pictures of 2009. I love to cook and recently learned that I LOVE French cooking. Of course I already knew about my love affair with French Pastry. And who doesn't love Julia Childs. Seriously SNL and Dan Aykroyd couldn't have done her character any better. Funny stuff. So when the movie about a young lady's desire to cook and blog her way thought Julia Childs, Mastering The Art Of French Cooking, I was all in. I was even more excited to find that the movie captured the life of Julia Childs and that she was played by Meryl Streep!
But then this past November, The Blind Side was released and I am all about a good football movie. And a true story. Not to mention set in the South. And did I mention the film was about FOOTBALL! I mean, hello? I LOVE FOOTBALL! And Sandra Bullock, I enjoy many of the films she has acting roles in. Take for instance, Hope Floats or Practical Magic and A Time To Kill, just to name a few. So sense Oscar nominees were released I have been torn on Best Actress. And I have to say that sense Meryl has the most nominees EVER, I wasn't to upset to see Sandy take this one home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment