Speaking of football, Tater has some really BIG news... At the start of the season he weighed in at 124.6 lbs. Because he wanted to play some at tight end he needed to weigh 115 or under at official weigh in. Yesterday (3weeks later) he weighted in at 115.0 lbs!!! -fully clothed and with shoes on might I add. He didn't have to strip down to his underwear. This was HUGE for him. Tater put himself on a diet 3 weeks ago. He wrote down what all he ate each day and tried to keep up with both his calorie and fat intake daily. At night after 2 hours of football practice he would accompany Big Daddy or I on our run/walk with Saban. He even went 2 whole weeks without chicken fingers, nuggets or wings and no fries! I am SO PROUD of HIM! He set himself a goal and made it. Oh and yesterday during the practice game he played offense: right tackle and defense: left tackle. He is really excited about this season and the opportunity to play many positions.
(Taken the first day of school)
As for the 4th grade well he is loving it! He has a pair of team teachers this year and LOVES them both! He has already met his half way AR reading points and had his first math, science and spelling test. He is playing a recorder in music this year (lucky us- we get to hear him practice every night) really though it's no so bad and he is juggling in P.E. He is taking a painting class in art and his first masterpiece will be BIG AL. I will post picture when he does it in September. Big Daddy and I attended Parent/Teacher chat night and we are very excited about this school year.
As for me, I am doin well. I am into my 4th week at school and I have a groove and routine, which if you know me, it fits. I am working 40 hours a week this year. Staying to help with aftercare and I am still baking like crazy. I even did a wedding cake last weekend along with many many birthday cakes this month. I agreed to working alot this year because I enjoy traveling so. That said Big Daddy, Tater and I already have a few trips lined up so I use that as my "Bright Side".
Last weekend the guys got to play golf after church. Tater loves the quality time with his Daddy and Pop. And from the pictures it looks like he is getting the hang of it. Both his Daddy and Pop are looking on with approval.
Coming up we are gonna celebrate Tater's 10th birthday and of course college football starts- ROLL TIDE!!! Tater's first game is this coming Saturday and he is ready! Fall is my favorite season and I am really looking forward to this year. Things are looking good for us and we are very happy about that!


No comments:
Post a Comment