It seems that all week long here in our nick of the woods it's been raining. And I don't mean sprinkling either. Friday night as Tater and I drove home from dinner we listened to the local radio broadcast for HS Football in our region. Nearly all the games within a 75 mile radius were in rain delay. Some were not able to resume while others finished up in the 10-11pm hours. At our local HS the storms were so severe that the power went out. Then came Saturday morning and Tater's team was to play nearly an hour away. At 8:30am we got the call that their home field was under water but our dedicated coaches (Daddy Ball) insisted that our field was in playable conditions. Game time 12:30. Well at 12:30 it was sprinkling and at 1:15 it was pouring. We sat as parents under a sea of umbrellas, ponchos, and plastic bags as our boys (and 1 girl) played in a mud puddle from @#%* !!!! Seriously. Tater played mostly on the offensive line and because of his size vs the other team he spent most of his time on his feet or on the top side of the pile but still he got muddy and soakin' wet. He is also credited with making the block that allowed the only TD of the game. He was pumped and the receiver, coaches and teammates all thanked him :) The GreenWave 115 is undefeated! Hey ELVIS: Be afraid, be very afraid!!!
I promise I will get my camera out for one of Tater's games soon. I will take some action shots next time.
Until then; ROLL GREENWAVE ROLL!!!
As for BAMA well they blew away North Texas. Racking up the Points!
Did you happen to catch the Auburn vs West Virginia game? It had rain delay too. It was a perfect example of how our weather has been the last few days.
And what about Georgia and Arkansas? I'm telling you there was no defense in that game. I don't think the Hogs will be running up the scoreboard this Saturday against BAMA and our DEFENSE!
And what about Tebow and Tenn? Big Daddy called that game all week. If only he had a little more PawPaw in him... Y'all who know the family know what I mean $$$
NFL Sunday the Eagles really need McNabb back or Vick off suspension but being a Saints fan too it was a nice game and Brees' is making heads turn this year. And what has happened to New England this year. Not the once power house?
See Big Daddy I know a little more about football commentary than my Steel Magnolia sister Clairee Blecher :) But in honor of Clairee and the locker room; "I hope whoever purchases Leeds jersey's next year doesn't order the dreadful nearly impossible to keep white almost always dingy jersey. I personally liked the mock JETS uniform from 2 years ago." "Hey speaking of the Jets woo-wee, take a look at #6 Mark Sanchez." "I'd picked him too Lani!" (for fantasy football)
No comments:
Post a Comment