Friday, July 17, 2009

Married 11 years w/ 2 Anniversaries

Click to play this Smilebox postcard: 11th Anniversary
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

Believe it or not this set of photos was taken on July 28th just 5 days after my surgery. Not bad huh? That is the date Big Daddy and I celebrate our anniversary because that is the day of our first ceremony. I know you are thinking that we must have gotten a divorce and married again but that is not the case. This is the short version:

Back on Sunday June 28, 1998 Big Daddy and I were married (ceremony, 200+ guest, 100+ degrees and a nearly 40 count wedding party, and a mobster looking minister) oh and without a marriage certificate. I know what you are thinking and Big Daddy did come to town a few days early just so we could go get one at the courthouse but I insisted that the director of the historical home where we got married said she would take care of it. And in true Big Daddy character he did not continue to argue his thought. He is the type that prefers you to rue the day when he is able to say, "I told you so" or "I was right". Anyways the ceremony was beautiful and our reception was quite nice later we drove to a B & B in Gulf Shores for our honeymoon. Nearly a week later we returned to BHM and went to the courthouse to get a marriage certificate. We took it to the church and had the minister signed it and he back dated the ceremony date? BIG MISTAKE because that is falsifying a legal document which lead to the legal ramifications and fees in excess of $$$'s. (For us 3, yes the minister too) Because Big Daddy and I have clean records and technically the minister made the legal mistake a nice judge dropped all charges but we were required to marry legally. So on July 13, 1998, Big Daddy and stepped up to the clerks window for a 2nd time. Purchased another marriage certificate, and moments later we said I DO LEGALLY! (at the courthouse), of course.

So I ask you; " Don't you fill I deserve two anniversary gifts?" It would only make sense. Don't you agree?




Here is what I was given this year. A black & white diamond eternity band - I LOVE IT! and it is just what I have been asking for. The other is a pair of UGG boots that I also have been wanting. Thanks Big Daddy, you are the best!!!

No comments: